Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Friday Night Knitting Club - by Kate Jacobs

One of my co-workers recently took up knitting and told me she'd come across a "snobby" knitting store. Other knitters warned her to stay away from them. I think that perhaps if there were a real Walker and Daughter yarn store, it would be one to avoid on these grounds. I found myself not caring much for these characters. And I doubt I would have liked this book any better even if  there had been more than one use of "library" in it. I expected that since one of the main characters, Darwin, was a rather brainy graduate student studying women's history that we'd see her in the library more often, but the only time its mentioned is in a description of her childhood when, trying to be popular, she checks out a joke book from the public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment