Sunday, January 7, 2018

Our Bodies, Our Shelves: A Collection of Library Humor - by Roz Warren


I read a review of this book a few years ago, and wrote it down on my list of potential reading. I decided it would be a good choice for a read aloud with my husband during our Christmas break. I checked it out at my local public library and we did enjoy reading it together, and the short essays were perfect for wrapping up an evening before bed. 

Warren's essays are funny, and also highlight some of the issues that librarians struggle with such as censorship, crappy wages, and patron privacy. None of these things is black and white, and there are, of course, fifty shades of grey in between.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed my book! Your review made my day. I love the idea of the two of you reading it out loud to each other before bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing from authors! Thanks for your comment!

      Delete