Tuesday, October 17, 2023

What I did over Banned Books Week



October 1-7 was Banned Books Week. In addition to reading a book about an attempted book banning (Answers in the Pages) I was busy educating my community about recent book banning efforts, as well as historical book bans. On Tuesday I began teaching a six-week session at Bridgewater State University's Senior College called Off the Shelves: A History of Book Banning. On Wednesday I led a discussion on campus about banned books with students, faculty, and staff in attendance. The highlight of my week was on Wednesday evening when I participated in a panel discussion at Bridgewater Public Library. The recording is available here:

Bridgewater Book Banning Forum 

It was also covered in the local newspaper.



No comments:

Post a Comment