Saturday, September 14, 2024

The Secret Lives of Booksellers and Librarians - by James Patterson and Matt Eversmann

 


Well, I could hardly resist this one!

This was the first James Patterson book I ever read. I do not know if I will read others, but I did thoroughly enjoy this one. I read this out loud to my Geographer husband and he couldn't help but make a map of all the places mentioned. The ones we've visited are in re(a)d - you see what I did there? 



On a recent trip to Maryland to visit family we took the opportunity to stop at Thunder Road Books (New Jersey) and RJ Julia Booksellers (Connecticut).

The best thing I learned from this was that the Barnes & Nobel store closest to our house allows dogs. What could we do but put our hound in the car and head over!



Here's our book-loving dog smiling in front of the David Sedaris display. She was named for his alter-ego in the Santaland Diaries

In a world of book banning gloom and doom the essays in this work bring a sense of joy. Each short essay profiles a different person who works in the world of books and loves recommending books to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment